Now that August is here, it’s time to beat the heat. We love a refreshing beverage on a warm summer afternoon. Why not try this delicious Strawberry Lavender Lemonade from The Broken Bread?
Strawberry Lavender Lemonade
Author: Kristan Raines
Yields 5 cups
- ¾ Cup Fresh Strawberry Puree, plus a few extra for garnish
- 6 Tablespoons of Honey, or about 5 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Dried Lavender
- ¾ Cup of Lemon Juice – About 7 lemons
- 5 Cups of water
Equipment: Large Saucepan, Food Processor/Blender, Fine Mesh Sieve
1. Mix water and honey into a sauce pan and bring to a boil, and stir until the honey dissolve.
2. Once the water is boiling add 3 tablespoons of dried lavender and remove from heat.
3. With the lid on, let the lavender steep for about 10-12 minutes.
4. While the lavender is steeping, place strawberries in a food processor/blender and puree till smooth.
5. Combine the lemon juice and strawberry puree into pitcher.
6. Pour hot water through a mesh strainer into the strawberry and lemon mixture.
7. Let lemonade chill for up to 2 hours before serving, or until cold. If the lemonade seems a bit tart, simply add a bit more sweetener to mellow it out,
Optional: Dice up a few strawberries and place a small amount in each glass before serving.
Read the full post here!