What’s a summer gathering without a little barbecue fare? However, this summer we’re getting creative; gone are the days of simply throwing meat and veggies on the grill. Check out this recipe for grilled pizza dough from blogger Jennifer Hill Pallian of Foodess!
No Knead 5-Minute Pizza Dough
Recipe adapted from AllRecipes here.
Author: Jennifer Hill Pallian
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2¼ tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Pizza toppings (I used ricotta with lemon zest, bocconcini, grilled prosciutto and fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F or preheat gas grill over medium-high heat
- Whisk 1 cup of flour, yeast, salt and sugar together in a large bowl. Stir warm water and olive oil together in a measuring cup and heat to 120º- 130ºF in the microwave or on the stove. Stir into flour mixture until smooth, then stir in remaining 2 cups of flour. Use your hands to press the shaggy dough together into a ball.
- Transfer dough to a generously floured rimless baking sheet. With floured hands, press dough out to desired shop and thinness.
- If baking: Top with sauce, mozzarella and/or other toppings as desire, then bake on the bottom oven rack for about 15 minutes, until crust is golden and cheese is bubble. If grilling: Set toppings within reach of grill. Clean grates with oil well. Place pizza crust on the grill and close. Cook about 5 minutes, until bubbles appear on the surface and the underside has a few grill marks. Flip, using tongs and with the assistance of your cookie sheet/cutting board if needed.
- Top the grill-marked side (now face up) with sauce, mozzarella and/or other toppings as desired. Close the lid and continue cooking for another 5-7 minutes, until cheese is nicely melted (it won’t get golden like in an oven). Use your tongs to slide it back onto the cookie sheet/cutting board.
Read the full post at foodess.com here!